Saturday, April 24, 2010

Your "Wonderful" Path


I followed a path,
The path you made for me,
The path you expected me to follow,
The path where I would gain your respect and appraisal.
It was the path to success.

Your path was beautiful,
Lined with trees of gold that grew into the infinite sky
Filled with wanderers with infinite smiles
Guiding me,
Pushing me,
Shoving me,
Into your wonderful path.

It was the supposed path to happiness,
But only in your eyes
And in the eyes of others
But not in mine.
In my eyes
It was the path that got me lost.

I lost my soul on your path
I lost my passion, my sense of direction
My clarity and my courage
I lost myself
On your wonderful path.

The trees of gold suffocated my love
The wanderers stole pieces of my soul
The farther down the path I went
The more empty I felt
The path did not seem so wonderful anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment